TEAMLEADER EXPORT LOGISTICS & ADMINISTRATION – GROWTH FUNCTION
We are enthusiastically working towards the further strengthening of our Export Shipping Department. The activities of this important department entail the coordination of our entire supply chain and the administrative processing of all movements. We supply building- and do-it-yourself (DIY) products, electrotechnical-, and plumbing installations materials in Suriname, the UK and French Caribbean as well as other French Overseas Territories (DOMTOM) and North Africa. Our clients are DIY retailers and importers. Due to growth we are looking to strengthen our export shipping team with an:
INTERNAL EXPORT SALES EMPLOYEE – FRENCH SPEAKING
- CHARACTERISTICS: management position / international environment / container transports / supply chain / numerical insight / accuracy / administrative processing / full time / Almere
- SPECIFICS: growth function / fulltime/ Almere
- LANGUAGES: Dutch / English (both required)
- EXPERIENCE: Logistics, road and sea transport, document processing incoming and outgoing goods, checks, invoicing
- KEY CUSTOMERS: Colleagues of sales and finance departments, customers, vendors, stevedores, shipping lines
- KEY AREAS: sales and procurement in over 30 countries
- YOU ARE: a well versed logistic professional, communicative, service oriented, collegiate, open minded, learning attitude, fluent in Dutch and English. Knowledge of Excel. Ambitious. Management skills. Potential to grow towards logistical end responsibility.
WHAT WE OFFER
- we offer a challenging and interesting logistical/administrative position on full time basis in a professional, international trading organization active in over 30 countries.
- as co-operating foreman/woman you are responsible for the operational management of our Shipping Team (6 FTEs).
- the shipments originate from Europe and the Far East, with final destination the Caribbean, Pacific, South America and North Africa.
- you maintain intensive relationships with suppliers and logistic service providers like carriers, stevedores and shipping lines.
- next to logistics you are also responsible for the administrative processing and control of purchase invoices (incoming goods) and the invoicing of shipments (outgoing goods). This administrative process is an essential element of our Export Shipping Department and of this function.
- at times international shipping can be hectic. Substantial logistical and administrative challenges will cross your path. Amidst pressure and turmoil, you remain in control and keep oversight. You give your team the guidance they need when coordinating what needs to be done. ‘Never a dull moment’.
- you will be working at the export market leader in a no-nonsense, open, collaborative and international atmosphere with a strong focus service, digitalization and fun.
- our organization has healthy growth ambitions and for the right candidate there are good opportunities to further grow in future responsibilities.
- working from home is possible, but in the framework of learning and on the job training – as well as daily management of the Shipping Team – we expect that frequent office attendance in Almere is necessary.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM OUR NEW COLLEAGUE
- you have relevant experience in logistics, and administrative document processing of procurement and sales processes.
- you are decisive, confident, able to connect the dots and keep a keen eye on important details and your team. Also when busy and/or under pressure.
- you enjoy guiding a team of driven colleagues and manage when and where necessary. You have leadership and management skills and you achieve results through knowledge, ability, leadership an co-operation. Your sense of humor is a powerful instrument.
- you are proficient in both Dutch and English. Without these language skills you do not qualify for this position. A language assessment is part of the interview process.
- you are familiar with MS Excel.
- you are at your best assuming end responsibility for the entire process: shipping, administrative checking and processing and invoicing. Not only for your own work, but for the entire team.
- through your education and/or experience you are able to function independently and you are able to make informed decisions. You understand the importance of your role as last station in the logistical process, and you oversee the consequences of your decisions for customers, vendors, stevedores and your colleagues. You are alert, accurate, responsible and you follow all important details.
- you think and work in a structured way and you like to systematically administer things for yourself and your colleagues.
- you have an education at Bachelor level or higher (Dutch HBO).
- you are the pleasant colleague who – like us – thrives on service, co-operation and good communication.
JOIN OUR TEAM
Are you interested in our international Company and this job? And do you think you can contribute to our success? Then please send your motivation letter and CV directly to email@example.com. Or use our online application form.