We are enthusiastically working towards the further strengthening of the strategic market position of the business unit BUILDING. The activities of this important business unit entail the marketing, sales and procurement of building- and do-it-yourself (DIY) products, electrotechnical-, and plumbing installations materials in Suriname, the UK and French Caribbean as well as other French Overseas Territories (DOMTOM) and North Africa. Our clients are DIY retailers and importers. Due to growth we are looking to strengthen our export sales team with an:
WHAT WE OFFER
- we offer a challenging and interesting finance/accounting position on full time basis in a professional, international trading organization active in over 30 countries.
- within the Finance team, you are responsible for the daily accounts receivable and accounts payable. Your responsibilities also include checking, validating and processing of (international) payments in various currencies. Part of this includes currency risk management.
- you check and validate new international vendors in our financial onboarding process.
- you are involved the filing of various corporate taxes including VAT and payroll for the various group entities and Business Units.
- next to the daily financial bookkeeping you assist the Finance Manager with financial management reporting, preparation and answering of controlling questions and analyses, and you are involved in the (interim) financial statement audit by our external accountant.
- you answer all financial related questions for you colleagues in our sales departments including receipt of payments and accounts receivable.
- you contribute to the further optimalization and automation of our financial-administrative processes.
- you will be working in a no-nonsense, open, collaborative and international atmosphere. As market leader we have a strong focus on growth, service, co-operation, fun, forward drive and digitalization.
- our organization has healthy growth ambitions and for the right candidate there are good opportunities to further grow in future responsibilities.
- working from home is possible, but in the framework of learning and on the job training we expect that frequent office attendance in Almere is necessary.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM OUR NEW COLLEAGUE
- you have relevant experience in bookkeeping, accounting and payment processing in foreign currencies. You are familiar with financial software, ERP systems and MS Excel.
- you enjoy working in an international environment. With worldwide customers and vendors multiple currencies, risk management, international banks and payment validations are business as usual.
- you are proficient in both Dutch and English. Without these language skills you do not qualify for this position. A language assessment is part of the interview process.
- you have an analytical mindset and numerical affinity and you keep – also when busy and under pressure – a keen eye on important details, procedures and administrative controls.
- you are familiar with MS Excel.
- you think and work in a structured way and you like to administer things for yourself and your colleagues.
- through your education and/or experience you are able to function independently and you are able to make informed decisions. You understand the importance of your role as last station in the financial process, and you oversee the consequences of your decisions for customers, vendors, colleagues and the organization.
- you are familiar in dealing with confidential data. Professionality, punctuality, diligence and integrity are among your core values.
- you have an education at Bachelor level or higher (Dutch HBO).
- you are the pleasant colleague who – like us – thrives on service, co-operation and good communication.
JOIN OUR TEAM
Are you interested in our international Company and this job? And do you think you can contribute to our success? Then please send your motivation letter and CV directly to email@example.com. Or use our online application form.